Friday, December 19, 2014

8 things I love about Christmas

Christmas season is just around the corner, again. Isn’t it unbelievable how time flies really fast? It seems like it wasonly yesterday that I was wrapping Christmas presents and helping out my mom in the kitchen prepare our Noche Buena. I’m not complaining though, Christmas season is one of my most favorite holidays, here’s why:
 
 


1. Christmas Weather & Vibe
As much as I love the beach and the summer vibe, I feel relaxed and at peace whenever I feel the Christmas breeze, it’s like a gentle kiss or a sweet hug from mother nature. Watching the Christmas lights turns on and off,  hearing Christmas songs over the radio, it all makes me happy. I can’t find the right words on how to specifically explain how the Christmas breeze feels but I know you also can relate to what I am saying right now. Haha.
 


2. Christmas Shopping
Despite the Christmas traffic, Christmas season also means Christmas bazaars, holiday sale and bargain hunting everywhere! Just make sure to plan your budget ahead of time and look around first to avoid impulsive buying. :)
 



3. Christmas Parties
Christmas parties means you get to bond and have fun with your schoolmates, officemates, friends, and relatives one last time before the New Year starts. You can all share stories, and look back on how much you’ve done together for the past 12 months. 

 
4. Christmas Foods
For this year, what I’m looking forward the most to eat! Haha. I don’t why but im suuuuper excited to eat my heart out this season. All the homemade foods, the different specialties of our tito’s and tita’s, the lechon, the pizza’s, the cakes and desserts, the bibingka and putobumbong, and all kinds of food that is offered during Christmas season. Seriously, my mouth is watering while I write this post. Haha. For those who are feeling the same with me, let us all please just eat what we can eat to avoid leftovers, and the hospital – you know what I mean. haha. :P



 
5. It’s the season for Giving
I believe in the saying “it’s better to give than to receive.” This year was my first time to buy gifts for my loved ones using my own money, and it may sound cliché but it feels good to give back and do something for others.  Even if we are in a tight budget, we could still give out this Christmas by showing love and show care to other people . 
 


6. Quality time with Family and Relatives
It’s that time of the year again where we get to be reunited with our relatives and spend more clingy time with our family. Make sure to seize every single day with them this holiday vacation and make them feel how thankful you are to be celebrating this season with them.
 
7. Quality time for myself
This one means more laying-in-bed-all-day! Haha. For me, alone time or me time is very important, it’s not that I’m the introvert kind of person or I like staying away from the people that I love, but sometimes, you should give time for yourself and be who you are, and to appreciate all your flaws and imperfections. Recently, my self-esteem has drop to negative because of an unknown reason and right now,  I am learning the art of “Love yourself first, the world will follow” and “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a damn about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” Me time is actually good for the soul, and based on my experience, it really helped me a lot. :)
 
8. Happy Birthday Jesus Christ.
That is why it’s called CHRISTmas day. JIt’s nice to receive a lot of presents andpamasko, but let us not forget what this season is really all about, make sure to say a little prayer to big guy up there for we are celebrating his birthday this season, and a big thank you for everything he has done for us and all the blessings we have received this year.
 


In just a few more days, it will already be Christmas Day, so I’m greeting everyone right now an advance Happy Christmas! ♥♥
 
Sending out virtual hugs, xo.
Elai :) ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }